In honor of National Volunteer Month this April, join your UMGC community of alumni and students around the world for the UMGC Global Give - an initiative empowering you to develop a greater sense of community by using your skills and education to make an impact through giving back.
Show your UMGC pride and showcase the power of education to transform lives, families, communities, and the world by participating in a volunteer activity in April. Read below on how you can find and register for an activity in your area.
Find a Volunteer Activity
Participate in the UMGC Global Give no matter where you are in the world. Below are resources for you to find a volunteer activity in your neighborhood. Find a cause that you are passionate about and volunteer during the month of April to make your impact.
- Local Government Websites – Many state government websites offer ways for the community to volunteer to give back to local organizations and causes. For example, the State of Maryland offers resources to Maryland residents on how to find a volunteer activity. Check out your local state government website to see what opportunities exist in your community.
- VolunteerMatch.org – Visit volunteermatch.org to find and connect with volunteer opportunities in your area. Find local opportunities that you are passionate about and make a difference today.
- Engage – Engage also connects you with hundreds of thousands of volunteer opportunities. Once you visit the website, insert your location and enter a few key words on what you are passionate about to get started.
- Feeding America – In 2021, 53 million people turned to food banks and community programs for helping to put food on the table. Find a food bank, food pantry, or meal program volunteer opportunity through Feeding America to combat food insecurities in your neighborhood.
- AARP – Create the Good connects you with volunteer opportunities both virtual and in-person, to share your life experiences, skills and passions in your community.
- You can also volunteer with your employer or at your child’s school!
Additional Ways to Volunteer
In addition to finding a volunteer opportunity, you can also change lives through career mentorship and charitable giving, making your global impact.
Career Mentorship – Becoming a career champion through UMGC’s Community Connect program is an excellent way of giving back your time and talent to students who need help navigating the next steps in their career progression. Log into CareerQuest – you may need to create an account if you do not have one –to learn more.
Scholarship Support - UMGC was made for you and continues to be here for you. On April 26, 2023, join Giving Day 2023 to unite with your global UMGC community to provide needed financial support to UMGC students helping them to achieve their education goals.
Thank you joining your community this April in UMGC’s Global Give. Making our global impact and showing the world just how strong we are, together.